lunedì, dicembre 19, 2005

Addio, Fazio.

Corierre della Sera
The Bank of Italy Governor, Antonio Fazio, has finally resigned. The sound of relieved breathing can be heard everywhere in Italy at the news of the departure of a man that has brought back memories of the infamous "Clean Hands" campaign that started in 1992, in Milano, just around the corner from where I have been living for the past 3 years, the Pio Trivulzio Old People's Home.

Thank goodness. It will be "interesting" enough to see how the next election builds without having a man like Fazio, facing as he does very serious charges of abuse of Public Office, creating a hornets nest of excuses for politicians whilst they defend the appaling financial position that Italy has plunged into over the past 5 years.

Apologies for the brevity of this piece but we are not only facing the fun of Christmas at home, but we are moving house as well. A nightmare indeed! A presto!


Our New House.Our new home on 30th December. Finalmente!

1 Comments:

At martedì, dicembre 20, 2005 3:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonimo said...

Ciao Mr Welsh.... I have been following the Fazio story with some interest, having worked in a bank myself in Ireland, the story caught my eye when it broke initially. I watched Mr Silvio last night on Porta a Porta. His body language is worth watching and it is easy to tell when he is uncomfortable, which he was during the first part of the show. Afterwards he settled down a little. Your new home looks wonderful and I know what you've been through while trying to strike the deal as I bought an apt. here in Padova last year.... a nightmare. I think I lost about a stone weight tryint to deal with the Notaio ect. as this is not an area where foreign people generally settle and as my money was coming from Ireland the builder was a little uneasy... you know why.....black, black, under the table ect....
I'm going to Ireland tomorrow for christmas and no doubt will suffer from a little hangover, not being used to late nights since moving here... Anyway.... Happy Christmas and New Year and good luck in your new house. regards. Mary

 

Posta un commento

<< Home