martedì, giugno 29, 2004

European Migration & Invasion.

Who thinks that the English are a "Nation Apart" now?
How the Celts were pushed out of the way and ended up in Wales, Cornwall and Brittany - possibly even in Euskadi.

An interesting view on European Celtic history can be read here - I would only like to add that my own opinion as to the nature of the Celts in Britain is that they actually originate from the northern Celtic tribes, which are red, or fair faired - and the southern Celts, which are dark, or black haired. I can cope with being proven wrong on this though. As I get older, I become more and more conscious of "standing on the shoulders" of my forbears, increasing my interest in the history of my own past, my own family roots.

2 Comments:

At mercoledì, giugno 30, 2004 10:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonimo said...

Questo commento è stato eliminato da un amministratore del blog.

 
At lunedì, luglio 05, 2004 3:46:00 PM, Blogger WelshmaninItaly said...

Please - there is no need for vitriolic postings here. I have removed your comment as it was rude and offensive - particularly from someone using a computer at London's Imperial College. I would be happy to read your email comments, but not an anonymous attack of a personal nature posted in this public forum.
Thank you.

 

Posta un commento

<< Home